Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Birthday

It's 12.00am. As I sit here waiting for phone calls, or just a phone call, I wonder about the year gone by. One more added onto my age and one more gone by. The new year ahead at the moment promises to be interesting and full to the brim of hope. But wait that sounds familiar.. isn't that what happens every year? The year ahead looks pretty. Anyhow, This year I intend to make a few changes and alter the kind of person I am. Mellow a little maybe, if that's the word. Try and see if I change around then would my life change ?
12.04am am am still waiting for the phone call. I have never made big deals out of birthdays, but I think like everyone I too count the number of people who wish me, doesn't everyone?! Birthday presents.. I get one every year, the one I actually wait for.
The night is breezy and pleasant and there is a full moon against a inky blue sky. I can inhale the cool air and feel it filling my lungs, someone has Queen of the Night blooming in their garden, there is a sweet, musky fragrance in the air, its delicate perfume caressing the insides, almost as if I touch the isolated strand it would shatter into million little pieces.
12.10am.. phones ringing.
someone remembers.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

was it ignorance or was it the cosmic play of the mind. It was a mistake but are they too bad?
I want to speak to you but the fringes are so high. Understand me for I am human too.
Is it your adamancy or ego which is maikng you do this. Look down I am there for you,..... just to wish you a Happy Birthday

saltandsaffron said...

why thank you..it wud be easier if i knew who you were, i cud've told you if adamancy was what was taking the time..who are you my anonymous friend?

Disa said...

happy belated, and yes, there are certain things that are just expected (hoped for) on birthdays. imagine what you'll be doing this time NEXT year, all kinds of new dots t be connected.