Thursday, November 27, 2008

When Terror Came Home

12:45am
"Hello?"
"Hello beta, I am Ritu's father, am sorry to disturb you this late, but she was at the Taj tonight and now we cant get in touch with her. You're in Tv, can you help?"
"Sure Uncle, is this your number? Let me see what I can do."
"Yes...this is my number, I will wait..."

12:50am
"Hello?"
"Hi Pranav, I have a friend who is trapped in Taj, I know you have the lists of casulties at the hospital, could you please look her up? She worked there, her name is Ritu"
"Sure. Lemme call you back, meanwhile watch Vasu on Tv I this is a momentous occassion for India. We've never seen anything like this before"
"Absolutely, Please look Ritu up and call me back as soon as possible."

1:15am
"Dude, out of all the hospitals, Cama has 60 people, some dead and some alive and there is a Ritu Sehgal on list, media isnt allowed inside the hospital, I dont know anything about her condition."
"Thanks ya, lemme call her father"

1:18am
"Uncle, I tried to check, there is a Ritu at Cama, I dont know anything more. Maybe it isnt the same Ritu and even if she is, am sure she's okay. Please rush"
"Thanks beta..."
"Please call me as soon as you know anything...I'll be worried"
"Sure"

2:30am
Ritu Sharma, Age 20, Occupation: Front Desk Offier, Status: Shot Dead.

0 comments: