Saturday, August 19, 2006

My So Called Life

"I know in the past I've caused you pain and I'm sorry. And I'll always be sorry until the day I die. And I hate this pen I'm holding because I should be holding you. I hate this paper under my hand because it isn't you. I even hate this letter because it's not the whole truth. Because the whole truth is so much more than a letter can even say. If you want to hate me, go ahead. If you want to burn this letter, do it. You could burn the whole world down; you could tell me to go to hell. I'd go, if you wanted me to. And I'd send you a letter from there."

1 comments:

sudeep said...

Words, words, words...we all seem to be getting lost in this virtual reality of beautiful imagery with words, that so often acts as a substitute for constructive action. I know I sound like an unimaginative philistine, but I would rather be the recipient of caring, relevant acts than a beautifully written letter.